Dust mites and your health
Don't spend tonight sleeping on a mattress infested with dust mites.
We spend years on a mattress that is contaminated with dust mite excrement, dead skin flakes, bacteria and mould spores which is ultimately dangerous to our health and the health of our family. It is a scientific fact that exposure to the allergen Guanine found in dust mite excrement is directly responsible for numerous allergic reactions. Asthma is increasing at an alarming rate amongst children and is one of the ailments triggered by the chemical Guanine.
The chemical in dust mite excrement can cause lifelong allergies.
All mattresses are subject to dust mite infestation. Up to 1 million in the average double mattress. They thrive in an environment that offers perfect conditions for existence. Nice and warm for 8 hours, all the dead skin flakes they can eat, they excrete almost twice their body weight a day. Their microscopic droppings contain guanine which is highly allergic to many people; in fact 80% of asthmatics react to the dust mite.
How do you come in contact with dust mites?
Dust mites are microscopic, when we move on the mattress it acts like a bellows and puffs up particles containing Guanine found in dust mite excrement. These particles easily pass through protectors and bedding to land on our face and skin and we breathe it in. This is a major trigger for a host of allergic reactions
Your mattress is probably the dirtiest place in your home.
Day after day, year after year, dead skin settles in your bed providing the ideal breeding ground for viruses, mould spores, fungi and especially dust mites. No matter how house proud you are the fact is you are sharing your bed with millions of them greedily feasting on your dead skin.
Mite excrement in your face!
Dust mite excrement is microscopic and contains the chemical guanine triggering asthma and other allergic reactions and can be the cause of lifelong allergies.
Mattress protectors and bedding will not save you from dust mite infestation. When you move on the mattress it acts like a bellows and puffs up minute particles of guanine which easily pass through protectors and bedding landing on your face and skin. We breathe it in and that’s where all the problems can begin.
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms you may be reacting to dust mites. If you are not, then exposure to dust mite can cause allergic reactions to begin.
• Hay Fever
• Sinus symptoms
|• Poor sleep
• Itchy or watery eyes